Discussing cellular measurements for QoS assessment in future 5G and IoT systems
Date: Feb 8, 10:00-16: 00 (Tentative)
Where: IMDEA Networks, Leganes (Madrid), Spain
Measurement and experimentation in mobile broadband networks (MBB) have attracted considerable attention and fostered debates across Europe. The European Commission has initiated several initiatives, for example H2020 MONROE for the active and passive measurement of mobile broadband networks in Europe (www.monroe-project.eu). IMDEA Networks is involved in MONROE and its researcher Vincenzo Mancuso acts as technical manager in the project.
At MONROE we believe that it would be useful for interested parties such as operators, regulators and demanding use cases to meet to discuss and discuss all current approaches and requirements, and also to share ideas on how to capture quality in future 5G and IoT networks.
Therefore, IMDEA Networks is organizing a workshop in Leganes (Madrid) on February 8, 2018, to bring together operators and regulators from Southern European countries. The workshop is by invitation only and will be informal to motivate dialogues and open discussions.
We encourage participants to briefly present how they measure (their) networks. On the other hand, MONROE will present the capabilities of its platform, which can currently produce performance and reliability measurements, analysis of application performance (web and video services), network neutrality, international roaming analysis, etc.
List of speakers
- Ozgu Alay (Simula Research Laboratory, Norway - MONROE project coordinator)
- Marcelo Bagnulo (Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain)
- Vincenzo Mancuso (IMDEA Networks, Spain - MONROE technical manager)
- Paulo Marques (Allbesmart, Portugal)
- Marco Mellia (Polytechnic of Turin, Italy)
- Antonio de la Oliva (Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain)
- Guido Riva (Fondazione Ugo Bordoni, Italy)
- Esther Robles Blázquez (Rediris, Spain)